Trainings, Consultations & Expert Court Testimony
CEUs Available for LCSWs and MFTs
MLEs Available for Attorneys
Unless otherwise indicated, trainings range from 1 hour to multiple days, and tailored to your particular needs. John Hamel also offers standard certification trainings for batterer intervention and child abuse program facilitators. Presentations include use of Power Point slides, informational handouts, audience participation, relevant exercises and Q&A.
- Domestic Violence: An Overview of the Latest Research
- Evidence-Based Assessment and Intervention
- Domestic Violence and Child Custody
- The Effects of Domestic Violence and the Battered Woman’s Syndrome
- Male Victims
- Law Enforcement Responses: Mandatory Arrest and Dominant Aggressor Policies
- Domestic Violence and Substance Abuse
- Domestic Violence Worldwide and Cross Cultural Issues
- Domestic Violence in the LGBT Community
CONSULTATION AND EXPERT COURT TESTIMONY
John Hamel, LCSW, provides individual expert consultation to mental health professionals, prosecutors, defense attorneys, victim advocates and others on a variety of issues and topics related to family violence. His consultation services and court testimony draw upon a broad knowledge of domestic violence research, including numerous original studies in the areas of treatment effectiveness and law enforcement responses, as well as twenty years of experience working with perpetrators and victims of family violence.